MWC G10 100m Water resistant Military Watch in Stainless Steel Case with Screw Crown and Sapphire Crystal
SKU Code: G10/SS/100M
The MWC 100m G10 models in stainless steel are one of the highest specification G10 military watches in production anywhere in the world with an incredible 10 year battery life. Although this G10/98 Specification watch traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs when this 100m model was initially introduced for contract purchase in 2008-2010 in a variety of variants it represented the most radical upgrade and specification enhancement since we updated our standard 50m G10 models in 2004.
Whilst the screw down crown and screw caseback greatly improve the water resistance the upgrade to the Ronda 715li movement with 10 year battery life greatly reduces the maintenance requirements of the watch, we have also added a scotch resistant and shatter resistant crystal to further upgrade this model. The watch has a sandblasted non reflective case, sandblasting is a process which was historically used on a large number of military watches from other manufacturers and has not been widely employed since the 1990s, although more costly to manufacture than other steel finishes it offers the best non reflective characteristics and is vastly superior to both standard brushed or satin stainless steel cases.
When we secured a contract to produce this model in 2009 it was specified alongside the requirement for screw caseback, 100m water resistance and screw down crown that the case should be 100% covert and non reflective and it was decided that sand blasting was the best process to meet that requirement as well as providing a very robust and durable finish. The end result is that our 100m water resistant G10 watches are totally unique and extremely functional with a high visibility dial.
The G10 100m variant is very rugged and is designed to survive the most extreme of conditions. It is supplied with a current issue grey NATO webbing strap although we can supply a wide range of straps in other colors if you wish to buy another variant as an additional strap. The back of the case bears various contract markings (which are unique to each watch) in addition to the serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova
- Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 100m/330ft
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: Sapphire *
- Movement: Ronda 715li with date window
- Strap: 2 x NATO issue strap 20mm
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.